Microphones for the stage or the choir are usually cardioid condenser. They have very long cables (several meters), robust design to withstand the rigors of the stage of life, and protection against interference, which helps the signal to be maximal clean. Such microphones are usually available in neutral colors to be unnoticeable on the stage.
The theater and choral microphones are equipped with a locking system of feedback. It prevents the formation of unpleasant, sharp noise that occurs due to contact with the microphone sound in the speakers. Regardless of the chosen model, all devices are specifically designed to improve the sound quality, to simplify the operation of the system. In such devices, there are super-cardioid, cardioid and omnidirectional capsules, which can be replaced. These elements are attached with other auxiliary accessories.
So, look at the most popular models of choir microphones.
Shure CVO-W / C – is a hanging condenser microphone. The microphone is mounted on a flexible holder, and on which the power cable is situated. Because of its cardioid directional pattern, the model provides a clean and clear sound without background noise or interference. This microphone has proven itself with articulating the various performances, choir, and any other statements, where there are multiple sound sources. The device comes with a windscreen and a cable of 7.5 meters length, which is useful for navigating on a large hall or a stage.
Accurate sound transmission
The model is equipped with a cardioid capsule, which catches even the quietest sounds coming from the stage. At the same time, this type of capsules qualitatively transmits the vocal sound. To improve the sound transmission, the microphone is equipped with a built-in preamplifier.
Protection against interference
The device has a built-in protection circuit against interference – Comm Shield Technology. With this, the microphone is protected from the noise of any kind that may occur if in its coverage area there are other wireless devices. You need not worry if during recording someone suddenly turns on the mobile phone, Shure CVO-W/C will maintain a clean audio signal.
- The modern appearance.
- The capsule of cardioid directionality.
- The cable of 7.5 m.
- The wind protection.
- The technology of interference protection.
- S/N ratio, 67 dB.
- Frequency range: Hz 70 – 16,000
- Rated current consumption: 2 mA.
- Reception sensitivity -33 dB.
- Phantom power.
- Weight: 133 g.
- microphone type: condenser cardioid microphone on a flexible boom;
- polar pattern: cardioids;
- areas of use: scoring the choir, performances in the theater, on the stage, in religious organizations, churches, etc.
- preamplifier: built-in.
SHURE MX202B/C – is a miniature theater and choral microphone with cardioids. The microphone with flexible mounting, the length of 10 cm, and the cord of 9 m. The electret condenser miniature microphone of the popular series MicroflexMX200 is produced by Shure company for scoring choirs and performances of artists on stage. Usually, this type of the microphone is placed over the heads of the performers. The microphone has a very high sensitivity and a wide frequency range of 50 Hz – 17,000 Hz. This allows you to use the microphone in scoring at concerts and in a professional recording studio. The microphone is equipped with a flexible mount such as “gooseneck”, a length of which is 10 cm.
Theatre and choir condenser mic is created using the best technology of the company Shure (USA), which is known worldwide for its virtually ideal devices. Almost all types of Shure microphones are known for their quality and clear sound that accurately convey all the nuances of voice and vocals. If you want to buy a theater and choral microphone, SHURE MX202B/C offers the optimal solution for live and studio work.
The best solution for sound recording and on the stage
The model of theatrical and choral microphone differs utmost simplicity of use and the highest level of functionality. All you need to do is to place and secure the microphone on the chorus, fixing its position by means of a flexible neck. The miniature hanging microphone can be used for scoring plays and musical ensembles. For optimum performance, the microphone requires phantom power. This model comes with the microphone capsules of three types: “C” – cardioid polar pattern, “S” – super-cardioid directivity, “O” – a circumferential direction.
Convenient flexible neck for precise direction of the microphone
The theatrical microphone has a flexible rod, the length of which is 10 cm. With the design of “gooseneck”, users can quickly and easily adjust the direction of the microphone to the sound source.
Cardioid directivity for a clean removal of the sound from the singers
The cardioid microphone allows you to record the cleanest sound without extraneous acoustic artifacts. This is very important if you want to voice certain groups of performers, such as choral performance, play and so on.
Phantom power and external preamp
Like many professional microphones, MX202BP/C requires an external phantom power (11 V to 52 V). Usually, phantom power is required for proper operation of the professional condenser and studio microphones.
Wide dynamic and frequency range
MX202BP/C has a wide frequency response (50 Hz to 17,000 Hz), and wide dynamic range. The microphone provides the most accurate reproduction with minimal intervention of other sound sources, electromagnetic and radio frequency interference.
Wide dynamic range, stylish design that fits into any interior, the ability to change the toner cartridge and thoughtful features – all this is SHURE MX202BP/C, which will provide you with quality sound and durability.
- Device type: miniature condenser microphone.
- Frequency response: 50 Hz to 17,000 Hz.
- Polar pattern: cardioid.
- Output impedance: 150 Ohm.
- Actual output impedance of 180 ohms.
- Sensitivity: -35 dBV / Pa 18 mV.
- Signal/noise ratio: 66 dB.
- Noise level: 28 dB.
- Power supply: P\phantom (11 V to 52 V).
- Powered by DC 2 mA.
- Connector type: XLR
- Cord Length: 9 meters.
- Flexible attachment size: 10 cm.
- Operating temperature range: from 18 to 57 degrees Celsius.
- The humidity level from 0 to 95 percent.
- Weight: 680 gr.
Blue Microphones Bluebird
Blue Microphones Bluebird – this is a condenser microphone for studio recording as a solo vocal, backing vocals and choir, as well as for high-quality recording of musical instruments. The microphone features a stylish design that is compact, and it is really a robust and reliable device. It is ideal for recording in the studio, thanks to the steel casing, which provides its incredible durability, it will last a long time. This microphone is compatible with Mac and PC, as well as with almost all music applications, and ensures the crystal clear sound.
Blue Microphones Bluebird is the condenser microphone, which is focused on the recording of bright and clear high tones, smooth and juicy medium-low, so the record will simply perfect whether it is singing or drums. The microphone has a relatively wide frequency range of 20 – 20,000 Hz. It comes in a wooden box, which is convenient to store it, also with a microphone comes a holder-spider, which is light but robust, and a metal and pop-filter. The microphone assembly takes place manually with the full control of the quality of each individual part.
- Condenser microphone.
- Studio recording of both vocals and instruments.
- Wide range of applications.
- Compact and easy to use.
- Incredibly durable and protected from unnecessary noise.
- S/N ratio, dB 87.
- Frequency range, Hz 20 – 20000.
- Receiving sensitivity: 27 mV.
- Microphone connection method: XLR.
- Weight: 0.48 kg.
- Impedance: 50 ohms.
- The maximum level of sound pressure: 138 dB.
- Dynamic range: 131 dB.
Beyerdynamic MC930 – Stereo Set
Beyerdynamic MC 930 Stereo-Set – this set consists of two condenser microphones MC 930 with cardioid polar pattern, two windshield, two holders and cases. The frequency range of the microphones is 40-20000 Hz and the signal noise ratio is 71 dB. The microphones perfectly suit for recording the choir, orchestra or solo instruments. When using the windshield, they can be used for recording vocals or speech.
The microphone Beyerdynamic MC 930 has preattenuation of 14 dB, and it will make a high-quality recording even at high sound pressure. It is also equipped with a switchable frequency filter: you can turn the high-pass filter with Q 6 dB per octave and a frequency cutoff of 250 Hz, thereby the proximity effect is compensated. The microphone requires phantom power 11-52 V, which will use it on the concerts and in the studio.
- A pair of high-quality microphones.
- Preattenuation mode: 14 dB.
- Switching frequency filter.
- Cardioid polar pattern.
- S/N ratio, dB 71.
- Frequency range, Hz 40 – 20000.
- Receiving sensitivity – 30 dB.
- Condenser microphone.
- XLR microphone connection method.
- Phantom power.
- Purpose: studio, concert.
- The direction of the microphone: unidirectional.
- Nominal impedance: 180 Ohm.
- Sound pressure: 125 dB/140 dB when the attenuator is on.
- Functions/features: LPF (Roll-off) 250 Hz, attenuator-15 dB.
- Housing material: metal.
- Weight: 115 g.
A great hanging condenser microphone with low noise! It has a wide, flat frequency response that delivers unrivaled, natural sound quality. Cardioid microphone ASTATIC 900 minimizes the impact of feedback when using the sound-amplifying equipment. The microphone features a flexible gooseneck-type body which is laminated in plastic. This makes it possible to direct the microphone head in the right place for dubbing. The microphone is equipped with a 3-pin mini XLR connector with phantom power adapter. Also, ASTATIC 900 has included the 10-meter cable.
Specifications of ASTATIC 900:
- Microphone type: condenser.
- Directivity: cardioids.
- Frequency range: 150Hz-20kHz.
- Resistance: 440 ohm.
- Max. SPL: 134dB.
- Power: 12-48V.
ChoirMic ™ series microphones – are the perfect solution to all the problems associated with the dubbing of the choir. They provide a clear reproduction without the “highlight” of the axial sound source, have a large stock of sensitivity before the feedback, they do not remove the sound from the front area of the microphone. The series is specially designed for the sound of the choir, orchestra or a group of soloists, located in front of the choir.
- Frequency range: 30 kHz.
- Changing the direction of the microphone without the need to move the stand.
- The uniformity of the frequency response on/or off-axis orientation.
- Large stock of sensitivity to feedback occurrence.
- Do not remove the sound from the front microphone area.
- The ability to close the placement without the “highlight” of the axial sound source.
- The absence of sensitivity to RF interference.
- Can be used with strings, woodwinds, and percussion.
- Directionality: cardioid or hyper-cardioid.
- Frequency response: 30 Hz – 30 kHz (± 2 dB) to 30.5 cm.
- Sensitivity: 10 mV / Pa (- 40 dBV/Pa).
- Power supply: 48 V phantom, 10 mA.
- Max. SPL: 145 dB.
- Output: XLR balanced (2+).
- Output impedance: 100 ohms balanced (50 ohms each pin 2 and 3).
- Min. output load: 600 Ohm between terminals 2 and 3.
- Dimensions: 324 x 22 (mm).
- Weight: 100 g.
A condenser microphone with a selectable cardioid/hyper-cardioid directivity. Applications: studio and “live” recording, vocals. The included directional converter PPC 1000 allows you to change it quickly from cardioid to hyper-cardioid. As the power of the microphone can serve the 9V battery or the external power. The switch eliminates unwanted noise when you install the turned on microphone. The robust design allows you to use it on the concert tours, and clear sound and low noise make it ideal for work in the home- and project-studios.
- It is known as the “Swiss Army microphone” for the incredible versatility.
- Diode battery charge status.
- Powered by batteries or a 9-V phantom power.
- The included adapter PPC 1000 allows you to switch between cardioid and hyper-cardioid directional pattern.
- The included adapter PB 1000 Presence Boost Adapter, adds brightness treble.
- Supplied in a metal carrying case «sound tools».
- Universal microphone.
- Frequency range: 50 Hz – 20k Hz.
- The ratio of signal/noise: 74 dB.
- The equivalent noise: 20 dB.
- The maximum level of sound pressure: at 0.5% distortion, 137 dB SPL.
- Sensitivity (1 kHz) 6 mV/Pa.
- Output connector: XLR.
- Power: 9-52 phantom power according to DIN 45596 or via 9V battery.
- Weight: 0.3 kg.
- Dimensions: (Ø x length) 34 mm x 220 mm.
Beyerdynamic MC 840 is a studio condenser microphone. Beyerdynamic – is the well-known German company that has been manufacturing headphones and microphones, known for their quality and high performance of manufactured devices. This model of the microphone can be used for recording a wide range of sounds, from the amplification of musical instruments to singing and choral singing. The mic is supplied with an elastic suspension, a microphone holder and a carrying case for easy storage and transport.
Ease to use
The capsule of the microphone is of a condenser type, the length of the microphone is 165 mm and the head size is 70 x 52 x 33 mm. The main difference between the model of such devices is changeable directivity pattern. There are five Setup options: omnidirectional, wide cardioid, cardioid, hyper-cardioid and “eight”. This allows you to configure the microphone for a specific task.
- Condenser microphone.
- Changeable directivity.
- Wide range of applications.
- A double membrane.
- Frequency range: Hz 30 – 18000.
- Connection: 3-pin XLR.
- Impedance: 180 Ohm.
- Power supply: phantom: 11 – 52 V.
- Weight: 286 g.